The regular meeting of the Stillwater Township Recreation Commission was held on at 7:18 pm at the Stillwater Municipal Building, Stillwater, NJ and via Zoom. The meeting was called to order by Commission Chairman Dawn Delaney with the Open Public Meetings Statement and the flag salute.
Members Present: Ms. Hess, Mr. Reilly, Mrs. Stark, Mrs. Tosti, Mrs. Delaney
Alternates Present: Mrs. Beshada, Mrs. Gardner
Members Absent/Excused: Mrs. Connelly, Mr. Sylvester
Motion by Mrs. Stark, second by Mrs. Tosti that the minutes of the August 3, 2020 meeting be approved. (Note – Mrs. Beshada voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence and Mrs. Gardner voted in Mr. Sylvester’s absence)
The following bills were presented – Summer Camp counselor’s – $ 4,383.60; R & R Trophy (pitcher’s mound) $ 38.84; Septicare (port-a-john feels Aug.) $ 165.00; NJ Herald (garage sale ads) – $ 137.00; Alicia Gardner (summer camp expenses) $366.34; Tara Tosti (summer camp expense) $ 45.89 for a total of $ 5,136.67. Motion by Ms. Hess, second by Mrs. Delaney to approve the bills. Motion carried. (Note – Mrs. Beshada voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence and Mrs. Gardner voted in Mr. Sylvester’s absence)
None except a couple catalogs
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – Agenda Items Only – 7:20 pm – none
AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA – Mrs. Delaney added the Storage Bin to New Business item a.
1. Clean Up Day – Mrs. Connelly was not present to report, however, the updated forms will be put on the website.
2. Stillwater Day – No report.
3. Garage Sale Weekend – We had 64 participants. It was a great turnout and feedback was excellent
4. Summer Camp – Mrs. Tosti reported that they had a great 2 weeks and no incidents. There were 41 signed up for 1st week and 40 for the 2nd week. All precautions were taken and no one had any issues following the guidelines. The Community Center building worked out great for the camp. Thanks to Bob Pierce who supplied the County Light up sign for the duration. The handwashing station was a bucket with a pump and worked out great. It was a great experience for the kids to get used to the changes for heading to school. The Commission gave a huge THANK YOU to Mrs. Tosti and Mrs. Gardner for running this.
5. County/State Fair – There is no fair this year
6. Decorating Contests – Tim will handle the contests. Ms. Hess will forward the forms to him.
7. Tree Lighting – it appears that it will be at the Community Center
8. Field Use / Maintenance – The fertilizer is in our Pod. It will be used on Nov. 5 and so removed by then. We need a lock on the shed at Veterans. A combo lock would be best. This is up to the town to get. Mr. Scott will take care of that.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – 8:05 pm – none
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS – none
Mr. Scott mentioned that he met with Councilwoman Rumsey and Josh from the DPW regarding a tree at the Community Center and where it would be placed. Also, they are going to the Freeholders for a resolution to have a crosswalk put in between the Community Center and Stillwater Park. He mentioned that they are working on the renovations of the bathrooms at the Community Center. The PTA will be holding their tricky tray at the Center on 9/26. There may be a problem with parking. Dawn from the Town Hall has submitted a letter of resignation. She will be the Deputy Clerk in Blairstown. The Town Hall will be opening up by appt. on 9/15.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – none
There being no further business, motion by Mr. Reilly, second by Mrs. Stark to adjourn at 8:10 pm.
Stillwater Township offers residents a Recycling and Convenience Center for household trash and recycling.
Residents are able to view property tax information through the Municipal Software Inc. system. You may find a property by entering the property’s location or block, lot and qualifier.
Stillwater Township posts all information about bids and proposals for township projects on a dedicated page.