The regular meeting of the Stillwater Township Recreation Commission was held on October 3, 2020 at 7:01 pm at the Stillwater Municipal Building, Stillwater, NJ and via Zoom. The meeting was called to order by Commission Chairman Dawn Delaney with the Open Public Meetings Statement and the flag salute.
Members Present: Ms. Hess, Mr. Reilly (late), Mrs. Stark, My. Sylvester, Mrs. Tosti, Mrs. Delaney
Alternates Present: Mrs. Beshada, Mrs. Gardner (late)
Members Absent/Excused: Mrs. Connelly
Motion by Mrs. Tosti, second by Mrs. Beshada, that the minutes of the September 9, 2020 meeting be approved. Motion carried with one abstention (Mr. Sylvester) (Note – Mrs. Beshada voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence)
The following bills were presented – Aniella Morgan (summer camp counselor) $164.80; BSN Sports (bases) $ 389.46; and Septicare (Sept.) $ 165.00 for a total of $ 619.26. Motion by Ms. Hess, second by Mr. Sylvester to approve the bills. Motion carried. (Note – Mrs. Beshada voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence)
The only correspondence was copies of the ads for our meetings to be on Zoom.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – Agenda Items Only – 7:05 pm – 7:14 pm (motion by Mr., Sylvester, second by Ms. Hess that we allow the following be admitted under this open session as it was on last months agenda). Motion carried. Mr. & Mrs. Doolittle, 922 Emmons Lane; They wished to discuss the possibility of doing permanent lines put down on the tennis courts for “pickle ball”. This item was already approved to look into it during out last meeting. Mr. Scott was to have the DPW look into who did the tennis court work and to get a price on the new striping. There is also a chance to look into doing a court at the Community Center. Mr. Scott will check on this as well. They also mentioned that the surface of the court needs to be cleaned and maintained.
AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA – Ms. Hess adding budget under New Business; Mrs. Delaney adding meetings to New Business
1. Clean Up Day – Ms. Hess reported that we had 12 participants; we had no tires, 363 lbs of recycle; 344 lbs. of trash and the shredding co reported minimal amt. He also left early and we had a few residents that missed him. There was also a discussion on the minimum participants as several groups want to participate but cannot meet the required 8-10 members. Ms. Hess asked Mrs. Leonard who sets that requirement and she said that “she does” and there is no rule for that. It was decided by this committee that we request a minimum of 5 per group. Ms. Hess will change the reports.
2. Stillwater Day – No report.
3. Garage Sale Weekend – none
4. Summer Camp – none
5. County/State Fair – There is no fair this year
6. Decorating Contests – Tim will handle the contests. Ms. Hess will forward the forms to him. The forms for Halloween are out and Ms. Hess will forward the Holiday forms shortly.
7. Tree Lighting –The Community Center will be out location. It is Dec. 11. Mrs. Delaney has appointed Mrs. Tosti and Mrs. Gardner to head this project up. Mr. Manser to get a tree for us. Motion by Mr. Sylvester, second by Ms. Hess to approve the purchase of the tree not to exceed $500.00. Motion carried.
8. Field Use / Maintenance – Mr. Sylvester mentioned that all Stillwater Twp. Paraphernalia will be collected at the end of the season, marked with our name and kept in the POD. Motion by Mr. Sylvester, second by Ms. Hess that Ms. Hess will send an email to all teams with a request for a “wish list” of equipment they would like for us to purchase and for their use. Motion carried. Mr. Sylvester asked Mr. Scott for an update from DPW on the status of the field maintenance plan. Mr. Reilly mentioned that Volunteer Field soccer area has a sunken area that is creating a hazard for players. It need to be addressed with perhaps top soil to fill it in. They have orange flags put up to avoid this. Motion by Mr. Sylvester, second by Mrs. Beshada that we have the DPW look into this. Motion carried.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – 8:22 pm – none
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS – none
Mr. Scott will follow up with Mr. Manser regarding the tree. The lighting is done at the Community Center. The POD will be moved by the end of the year to the Community Center. The parking lot at the Community Center will be lined. The fields will have the final treatment done next month. Town will be hiring another employee for the recycling center and Paul will move to Full Time DPW. We have the lights and the star for the tree.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – none
There being no further business, motion by Mr. Reilly, second by Mrs. Stark to adjourn at 8:40 pm.
Stillwater Township offers residents a Recycling and Convenience Center for household trash and recycling.
Residents are able to view property tax information through the Municipal Software Inc. system. You may find a property by entering the property’s location or block, lot and qualifier.
Stillwater Township posts all information about bids and proposals for township projects on a dedicated page.