The regular meeting of the Stillwater Township Recreation Commission was held on
October 4, 2021 at 7:04 pm at the Townhall. The meeting was called to order by Commission Chairman Dawn Delaney with the Open Public Meetings Statement and the flag salute.
10/4/2021 Rec Meeting Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82038512447
Members Present: Mrs. Beshada, Mrs. Tosti, Mrs. Delaney
Alternates Present: Mrs. Gardner, Mrs. McCabe-Richardson
Members Absent/Excused: Ms. Hess, Mrs. Stark, Lou Sylvester
Members Tardy: Tim Reilly
Public Attendees: Rob Ragazzo
Liaison Mr. Scott
Zoom Option was used at this meeting. Thank you Mayor Chammings. Participant(s): Tim Reilly
Motion by Mrs. Beshada, second by Mrs. Tosti that the minutes of the September 6, 2021 meeting be approved. Motion carried (Mrs. Gardner Voted in place of Mrs. Stark, Mrs. McCabe-Richardson voted in place of Ms. Hess)
Motion by Mrs. Tosti, second by Mrs. Gardner with funds available. Motion carried (Mrs. Gardner Voted in place of Mrs. Stark, Mrs. McCabe-Richardson voted in place of Ms. Hess)
Motion by Mrs. Gardner second by Mrs. Tosti with Funds available. Motion carried. (Mrs. Gardner Voted in place of Mrs. Stark, Mrs. McCabe-Richardson Abstain)
Open Space Grant- Mrs. Beshada will be working on this.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – Agenda Items Only – 7:10 pm – 7:10 pm None
AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA – None
1. Clean Up Day Fall 2021- Mrs. Delaney stated great turn out for putting together last minute. Weight reported 256LBS. Paulins Kill Watershed representative Christine Dunbar was at an environmental meeting and will reach out to PKW committee to possibly work with Recreation next Fall for cleanup.
2. Miss Stillwater/Stillwater Day – None
3. Garage Sale Weekend- None
4. Summer Camp – None
5. County/State Fair – Mrs. Gardner introduced an idea for next year. Involving the Community (boy/girl scouts etc) to make bird houses replicating historic buildings in Stillwater. Making a 3D layout of the town with them. Mr. Reilly added building Bat Houses also.
6. Decorating Contests– Mr. Reilly: Submitted Flyer, Mrs. Gardner shared with Schools to put in newsletters, posted on Website and Social Media, Community Center Door and All 3 signs boards. Applications due 10/28, Voting 10/29, 10/30 & 10/31
7. Tree Lighting – Recreation Board: Mrs. Delaney is currently working on the FB Banner. November meeting will make a sub committee for this Event. Contact Ms. Franck and Mrs. Steffens for Music/Songs and Mrs. Piazza for adding ornament making/decorating to curriculum. Mrs. Tosti would like to hold an ornament decorating activity at the community center. Mr. Scott would like to see a contest for ornament decorating and stated the DPW will get the lights on the tree as Event approaches.
8. Field Use / Scheduling-Fall- received soccer application.
9. Field Maintenance – Mrs. Delaney/Mr. Scott: Farmside turf application is scheduled for Monday September 27, 2021 weather permitting. Flags put on fields after application stated pesticide was applied and left parents and league coordinators concerned. Mr. Ragazzo shared his concern with print on the flags and recommends new flags or to have the turf management company cross off the word pesticide. Recreation members agreed in a discussion that less social media advertisement seems best as comments got out of control on Facebook. Mr. Scott stated he let the company know of the concerns. Mr. Ragazzo also voiced concern and disappointment with the cutting of the grass at Volunteer Field as ruts on field and grass clippings all over. It looked as though the grass was cut at a high speed and very low blade height. It was asked why Stillwater DPW does not maintain fields. Mr. Ragazzo feels that our DPW workers would have more pride in our fields. Mr. Scott and Mayor Chammings added that the DPW would have to price a zero turn and find man hours available to maintain. Tennis/Pickleball Court cleaning. Mrs. Gardner spoke to Country Care Lawn Maintenance about checking if a colleague is equipped to clean/maintain courts. Mrs. Gardner will also contact Alcar (line installer) to request information for court maintenance.
10. Community Center Activities – Mrs. Richardson: Senior Citizen Activity Night. **Activities are Following Current Covid Protocol** Mrs. Tosti and Mrs. Richardson were unable to view the community center calendar via mobile device causing difficulty to select a date. Mrs. Gardner notified Mrs. Knott of problem. Mrs. Richardson is looking to do a Nov. Light Dinner, Coffee Hour and Book Exchange to name a few upcoming event ideas.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION 8:10 pm- 8:10pm: October 18, 2021 7pm Townhall- Recreation Commission will hold a Workshop meeting to discuss Budget, Descriptions for Commission Positions etc.
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS None
LIAISON REPORT Mr. Scott: Budget Forms- review and get submitted to CFO, Job Descriptions Discussed briefly what Rec Secretary and Subcommittee chair people duties are, Likes the idea of a Blanket for Raffle at Fall Festival, Grass cutting and Maintenance at Volunteer Field- Mr. Scott spoke to Country Lawn Care about condition of field, Purchase of Equipment- a lot of things are currently on back order, Shed (KLL) TC is providing location of for shed to be submitted to Zoning Officer, Stillwater Field looks good, very clean and well kept. Back stop at Stillwater Park is falling apart, will mention to DPW for repair/replacement estimate in their budget.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – none
There being no further business, motion by Mrs. Beshada, second by Mrs. Gardner to adjourn at 8:25pm. Motion Carried.
Next meeting will be at Town Hall November 1, 2021 7:00pm
(Building Department not meeting room due to set up for voting)
Zoom Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81345435909
Stillwater Township offers residents a Recycling and Convenience Center for household trash and recycling.
Residents are able to view property tax information through the Municipal Software Inc. system. You may find a property by entering the property’s location or block, lot and qualifier.
Stillwater Township posts all information about bids and proposals for township projects on a dedicated page.
Visit the Office of Emergency Management page for links and the latest information