STILLWATER TOWNSHIP RECREATION COMMISSION
11/02/2020 – Regular Minutes
The regular meeting of the Stillwater Township Recreation Commission was held on November 2, 2020 at 7:01 pm at the Stillwater Municipal Building, Stillwater, NJ and via Zoom. The meeting was called to order by Commission Chairman Dawn Delaney with the Open Public Meetings Statement and the flag salute.
Members Present: Ms. Hess, Mr. Sylvester, Mrs. Tosti, Mrs. Delaney
Alternates Present: Mrs. Gardner
Members Absent/Excused: Mrs. Connelly, Mr. Reilly, Mrs.Stark
Motion by Mr. Sylvester, second by Mrs. Tosti, that the minutes of the October 3, 2020 meeting be approved. Motion carried (Note – Mrs. Gardner voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence)
The following bill(s) were presented –Septicare (Oct.) $ 165.00. Motion by Ms. Hess, second by Mrs. Delaney to approve the bills. Motion carried. (Note – Mrs. Gardner voted in Mrs. Connelly’s absence)
The copy of the letter sent to the teams regarding their “Wish List” items; copy of ad for zoom meeting
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – Agenda Items Only – 7:05 pm – none
AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA – Mrs. Delaney added under new business – Field Use apps.
1. Clean Up Day – no report
2. Stillwater Day – No report – Mr. Sylvester requested to have the CFO encumber the fireworks money for next year – verify the amount
3. Garage Sale Weekend – no report
4. Summer Camp – no report
5. County/State Fair – No report
6. Decorating Contests – The following residence’s were chosen to be the winners – Scariest was Brian Cassera, 963 Old Schoolhouse Rd.; Most Interactive was Donald Thoenig, 909 Owassa Rd.; and Most Creative was Bartlett/Young, 950 Edgewood Dr. Holiday forms will be out shortly.
7. Tree Lighting –The Community Center will be the location. It is Dec. 11The tree has been donated, as has the installation. We were made aware that Mr. Manser donated the installation of the tree and an anonymous donor purchased the tree. Ms. Hess is to send letters to both parties (Mayor Chammings will see that the letter gets to the anonymous donor) thanking them for their contribution. Mrs. Tosti and Mrs. Gardner will be having prior craft sessions to make the ornaments. They will have Santa (Ms. Hess will contact the Fire Dept. for this). They would like to include a variety of activities that night – Storytime – “The Night Before Christmas”, Ugly sweater contest, Guess the # (some items in a jar), Carols, coloring contest. There will be candy canes and refreshments. We need to get a use form from the Clerk for the bldg.
8. Field Use / Maintenance – Mr. Sylvester asked about the reseeding and aeration. Mr. Scott will verify with the DPW if done. Mr. Scott mentioned that the fertilizer wasn’t done yet, it will be done in the coming week. Mr. Sylvester is to collect, label and store in the pod, the bases, etc. All new purchases are to be labeled, etc. property of Stillwater Twp. Lou will get a list of the equipment. At Veteran’s there was an issue regarding lights. It seems lights with generators were moved from Hampton to our field for use without anyone’s permission. This has been resolved and they have been returned to Hampton. Kittatinny Midget Football has no field use form. This is to be looked into by Mrs. Delaney as Chair. The gate will get a new lock and should have minimal number of keys or a combo lock. There must be a town representative to let someone in. We need to change our application to include special needs which must be approved by the Township Committee. The copies of the Field Use forms must be kept at the Town Hall.
Field Use Applications – none
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – 8:36 pm – none
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS – Mrs. Gardner mentioned that she would be willing to attend the Town meetings if we want her to.
Mr. Scott has no report. Mayor Chammings mentioned that they are cleaning out the offices/file rooms, etc. She mentioned that the Rec. Commission has a file cabinet. Make sure we follow all COVID Guidelines at the tree lighting.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – none
There being no further business, motion by Mrs. Gardner, second by Mrs. Tosti to adjourn at 8:43 pm.
Stillwater Township offers residents a Recycling and Convenience Center for household trash and recycling.
Residents are able to view property tax information and make payments through the online system. You may find a property by entering the property’s location or block, lot and qualifier.
Stillwater Township posts all information about bids and proposals for township projects on a dedicated page.