The regular meeting of the Stillwater Township Recreation Commission was held on June 7, 2021 at 7:02 pm at Volunteer Field. The meeting was called to order by Commission Chairman Dawn Delaney with the Open Public Meetings Statement and the flag salute.
Members Present: Mrs. Beshada, Mr. Reilly, Mrs. Stark, Mr. Sylvester, Mrs. Delaney
Alternates Present: Mrs. Gardner, Mrs. McCabe-Richardson
Members Absent/Excused: Ms. Hess
Members Tardy: Mrs. Tosti
Public Attendees: Robert Molinet, James Grenewicz, Robert Ragazzo, Mike Carolvillano
Liaison Mr. Scott absent, Mayor Chammings filled in.
Due to internet connection issues Zoom Option was not used at this meeting.
Motion by Mrs. Beshada, second by Mrs. Stark that the minutes of the May 3, 2021 meeting be approved. Motion carried (Mrs. Gardner Voted in place of Ms. Hess, Mrs. Richardson voted in place of Mrs. Tosti)
The following bills were presented – Septicare. – May. – $265.00; BSN Sports $1800.00 benches, Alcar Tennis Court Construction $600.00 Pickleball Lining, Dawn Delaney $52.69 Miss Stillwater Sash and Judges gifts, Alicia Gardner $96.13 Tablecloths for Miss Stillwater Pageant Motion by Mr. Sylvester, second by Mrs. Gardner with Funds available. Motion carried. (Mrs. Gardner Voted in place of Ms. Hess, Mrs. Richardson voted in place of Mrs. Tosti)
Thank you cards from PTA to Recreation Commission for 2 Gift Certificates for
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION – Agenda Items Only – 7:09 pm – 7:32 pm
Mr. Grenewicz commented on the Facebook Post in regards to the Turf Management Program Application. Mr. Sylvester discussed plan of action to communicate to public and when we get information, we will get it out. Mr. Stark requested that MSDS sheets should be made public at the fields, Townhall and Social-Media. Mr. Molinet stated his concern was that the verbiage used on the post stated fertilizer instead of pesticide/ insecticide for ticks etc. Mr. Molinet stated as a prior industry professional, the fields do not house the ticks, they are prominently in thicker brush. The ticks usually are brought to the field by birds, rodents etc. Mr. Grenewicz is looking forward to things going properly and was glad an industry professional was there to explain the difference between fertilizer and pesticides/insecticides and thanked Mr. Molinet with his recommendation of not doing a blanket application due to the active ingredient. Mr. Sylvester and Mrs. Delaney thanked Mr. Molinet and Mr. Grenewicz for attending the meeting and discussing their concerns and sharing their knowledge on the issue. Mr. Sylvester made a motion to draw up a letter to the Township Committee to notify the Recreation Commission of scheduled applications: when/where/what Second by Mrs. Gardner Motion carried.
1. Clean Up Day 2022- None at this time
2. Miss Stillwater/Stillwater Day – Ashley Geydoshek Runner up Megan Halpin- No Stillwater Day.
3. Garage Sale Weekend 7/18&19 – Ms. Hess, Mrs. Delaney, Mrs. Beshada – Currently 8 applications.
4. Summer Camp – (2) 1 Week Certificates to PTA Hard Vote – Mrs. Tosti/Ms. Hess: Mrs. Gardner thanked Mrs. Tosti, the Recreation Commission and Ms. Hess (absent) for their donations to the PTA. Mrs. Tosti stated our CFO will be working on funding from an Environmental Educational Grant and One (1) event/activity will take place each week of summer camp. Some things mentioned were reptiles, children would get backpacks and Staff will get T-shirts.
5. County/State Fair (Township Project for 2021) – Mrs. Delaney will contact Lois Kinney and Mike Richards for more information. Mrs. Stark will reach out to her contacts as well for updates.
6. Decorating Contests – Mr. Reilly: nothing at this time
7. Tree Lighting – Recreation Board: nothing at this time
8. Field Use / Scheduling- Mrs. Gardner/Mr. Sylvester: Summer and Fall application submitted by KLL, KTB and KMFL and Scheduling Document will be created and shared for Summer/Fall use with those that have been approved and with Recreation Commission and Mrs. Knott.
9. Field Maintenance – Mrs. Delaney/Mr. Scott: (Mr. Scott was not in attendance) Mrs. Delaney mentioned the DPW worked with an outside company and opened the trails significantly at Veterans and will continue on progress of cleaning it up.
OPEN PUBLIC SESSION 7:58 pm- 8:01 pm: Mr. Carovillano requested on behalf of KLL/KTB to have a shed placed at the Swartswood Field along the tree line to house a field groomer (3wheeler with brush attachment) The Rec members and Mayor Chammings confirmed they will need to speak to Zoning due to setbacks of placement of shed due to property on other side of tree line.
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS
Mrs. Beshada stated our meetings will be held at the fields and Community Center over the next 3 months.
Mr. Scott was absent, Mayor Chammings reported on Turf Management that Pinnacle was not able to produce license and Certs. At this time Turf Management has been put on hold due to usage of fields and waiting to hear back from 2 other companies that were contacted.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – none
There being no further business, motion by Mrs. Gardner, second by Mrs. Tosti to adjourn at 8:08 pm.
Stillwater Township offers residents a Recycling and Convenience Center for household trash and recycling.
Residents are able to view property tax information through the Municipal Software Inc. system. You may find a property by entering the property’s location or block, lot and qualifier.
Stillwater Township posts all information about bids and proposals for township projects on a dedicated page.